I know a buttload of people are going to hate me for saying this but...ever since Chipwrecked came out, the AATC fandom has been really plummeting. I mean...last year, we didn't have this many noobs/thieves/weaboos/sex addicts/etc. Now, the fandom has gone from simple and cute to downright idiotic and disgusting. I have no idea why the BAD/IMMATURE fangirls are suddenly coming in this year. And it's been bothering me SO MUCH. Ok, let me explain WHY this fandom has gotten worse.
1) Drama- I see this pretty much, EVERYWHERE. Facebook, Youtube, Deviantart, just...ugh. People "bawwwwing" over their fancharacterss dying, breaking up with some other fancharacter, violence, and so on. Guys, it's roleplay. Don't go overboard with it since it ISN'T REAL.
2) Recolors on dA- Guys. HOW MANY TIMES MUST WE TELL YOU. This is an ART website. Not a RECOLOR website. Guys, start drawing your own art instead of grabbing a picture of Brittany and splashing paint all over her. And most of the recolors here SUCK. Like..I'm not even kidding. It's as if the person didn't TRY. Again, MAKE YOUR OWN ART.
3) Spelling errors among the noobs- Guys. I won't take you seriously UNLESS you correct your grammar/punctuation/spelling/etc. Otherwise, I'll just think you're one of those noobs who can't spell for crap :/
4) Mary-sues- WHY. JUST WHY. Why must there be so many over-powered Brittany type fanchars that are part angel/demon/werewolf/and so on! It's getting really annoying to be honest. There's so many Brittany types, I can barely see any Alvin types! </3 That's just saddening, girls. Give Alvin some love. Brittany's had enough.
5) Sex addicts- Guys. AATC is a KID's movie. Not some porn movie. We don't need to see your yaoi/fancharacters having sex/etc. That's just wrong and it shouldn't even BE here.
6) Whiny little girls that cry over stupid things- Girls. If you're gonna leave Deviantart just because of roleplay, then that's just pointless. Roleplay is once again, FAKE. And it SHOULDN'T be taken so seriously.
There are so many other things in this fandom that INSULT me in such a way, but I can't think of them right now. It's just...annoying. I can't spend a day here on dA without having to deal with some of these freaks. Good day.
And, , , , and a couple of you other guys who know me well...you're most likely off this list. Others...you guys might have to examine yourselves about this, because this has been going on long enough. It's been really bugging me since. I'm actually in a good mood, but...you know. I just need to rant a little. Bye!
I have to agree with you on this because all of it is true and for the reasons you mention and others.But one of the things that bothers me about the fandom is the stories that I see on here and other sites like fanfiction.net is a general lack of an actual brand new ideas for stories.I find a good many stories built around the same idea as a story I read before.
I don't hate you for saying this. In truth, these have been my exact thoughts! I don't know why people are like this...they must have head problems...they need doctors. That's why I'm thinking against "watching" certain fan clubs because they'll show me crap I don't want.
And I am TIRED OF PEOPLE WHO JUST *HAVE* TO ARGUE WITH YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE/AGREE WITH WHAT THEY SAY!!!!! If you don't like to see dirty pictures of your favorite characters participating in some sexual, homosexual, or incestual thing (OR WORSE!!!), you're suddenly "stupid" or an "immature homophobe" or "ignorant" or you're being cursed out. Same goes for facts and inconsistencies that naturally occur in TV shows, especially cartoons. (Such as the endless, dumb, inconsistent debate as to which Chipmunk/Chipette is the oldest. I believe that the oldest ones are Simon and Brittany, but WHO CARES?!) If you bring up something that they don't like, they're all over you like kittens at feeding time. It's beyond--
(*Said idiot interrupts me*): "Shutup, it'z all like ttlly CANNON, U STOUPID HOMAFOBE--" (*Gets shot and set on fire by me*)
Anyway. It's beyond disgusting, it's beyond stupidity, it's beyond--well, anything! Remember how I said innocent little kids could see this stuff and believe it and/or be extremely disturbed? I should know. T.T
Just try your best to ignore it. If you ever find something genuinely good or if you find somebody who agrees with you, just favorite it. Then when you're feeling bad, you can just go to your favorites and remind yourself that the crap isn't real and that you don't have to do what those so-called "fans" do.